What is the Youth Employability Programme (L2W- Licence to Work)?
The Youth Employability Programme (L2W) is designed to help future employees be ‘work ready’. This means that they will have all the qualities that employers are looking for. In short, it will give you an advantage over the pack. You will be the sort of person that employers say are in short supply.
Approved Employability Skills:
- Positive attitude
- Willingness to learn
- Thinking skills (Problem-solving and decision-making)
How will the Youth Employability Programme (L2W) help me?
- It will lift your awareness of the value and knowledge of the behaviours you have already developed in relation to the employability skills.
- It will help you to make sense of differences in understanding or of the perceptions you may have in relation to others. It will help you to develop motivation to work intentionally on growing your employability skills.
- It will provide an opportunity to hone your skills during the hours of learning and of voluntary work.
- You will get feedback from your tutor, your volunteer supervisor and your work experience employer
- When the programme is completed you will attain the Licence to Work Achievement Certificate and a Portfolio that details your performance.
What are employability skills, and why do we need them?
Employability is about being prepared for the working world with skills like communication and resilience.
Employers report that young people are not work ready and many young people agree. Young people need more preparation for the reality of work and a better understanding of the opportunities and obligations it brings.
The Youth Employability Programme (L2W) Employability Skills have been developed in consultation with government, education, business, and industry groups to ensure they are the right competencies for young people to be successful when they enter the workplace.
The Youth Employability Programme (L2W) essentially connects YOU (a young person) to businesses and organisations by finding ways YOU (a young person) can contribute productively and integrating YOU into the world of work.